Frequently Asked Questions


What type of insurance might I need?

If you are seeing customers at their place of business, you may want General Liability in case you cause and bodily injury or property damage in the course of your work. You may also want to consider Technology Errors & Omissions Insurance which protects you in case your service or product does not perform the way it is supposed to. If your client suffers a financial loss due to your error or mistake, they can sue you for that and this coverage will help defend you. Additional coverage to consider is Property Coverage to cover your office contents, Workers Compensation, Directors & Officers Liability, and Employment Practices Liability.

What is Cyber Liability coverage and do I need it?

This coverage is not required by law but cyber attacks and data breaches are in the news frequently. As a tech business, your clients look to you for expertise in protecting their data and preventing cyberattacks. You could be sued for failing to prevent an incident or recommending products that were not secure. Even if the incident was not your fault, you can still be sued and this insurance covers your legal expenses and settlement even if the lawsuit never makes it to court.

Do I need Data Breach Coverage?

Research  shows that 1 in 3 data breaches occur in businesses that have less than 100 employees.  Any business that handles customer data or processes payments are at risk of a data breach. What if all of your customers data gets hijacked and you have to pay a ransom to get it back? This coverage typically pays that as well as other types of support like sending notifications to clients, credit monitoring for your clients, help with legal costs, etc


Website Created & Hosted with Doteasy Web Hosting Canada